This is the DYI process when you purchase the Light Media plugin to integrate with Shipster. Whether you are using WordPress or Magento the process is the same. The only difference is the installation into your respective ecommerce platform.
Please note: some level of technical skills is required in order to perform the installation. In addition, every website is different and the Shipster plugin may conflict with a customisation or pre-existing plugin. We recommend installing and testing the plugin on a test environment first. Please note that the mishandling of the code can damage your website. We recommend this installation to be done by a professional web developer.
1. Go ahead and apply to become part of Shipster. You can place an Expression of Interest to be a Shipster merchant using the URL below:
2. Once your expression of interest is approved, order the plugin by filling in the form in our website https://www.lightmedia.com.au/shipter
3. We will send you an invoice within 24 hours.
4. Once the invoice is paid we will email you the plugin within 24 hours. If you selected installation, we will contact you to organise installation of the Shipster plugin to your website.
5. Shall you engage Light Media to perform the installation, please have a test site ready. Light Media can assist you with that if you don’t have a test site.
Shall you engage Light Media to perform the installation, please skip items 6, 7, 8 and 9 below. We will be performing these tasks on your behalf.
6. Installation. Go ahead and install the plugin in your website:
We recommend that you contact a professional developer to install this extension as you may run into compatibility issues.
a. For Magento 1.9.x, 2.1.x and 2.2.x: once you download the plugin files, access README.md for the technical installation instructions.
b. For WordPress once you download the plugin files, access README.md for the technical installation instructions.
c. Shipster is navite in Edge Commerce. Installation is not required. Just enter the API keys and it will work smoothly. .
7. When your expression of interest is approved (Step 1 above), you will receive the test API keys in the Admin of your website.
8. Enter the API key in the Admin of your website.
8.A Enter the test API Keys in: Magento Admin > System > Configuration > Shipping Methods > Australia Post – Shipster (by Light Media).
8.B Coming soon…
8.C Coming Soon…
9. Once the plugin is installed and the test API keys are entered, it is ready to be tested. To perform a test, go to your website add items to cart and go to the Check out. In the Checkout, please perform the test with one of the emails below. Emails for testing:
Note: make sure you enter the postcode and country is Australia.
If it is working correctly, this should be the result:
Note: Depending on your Theme and Design, UX (css) design adjustments may be required in the Checkout page.
10. If the test is approved and pass, please contact Shipster and request the live keys. Enter the live keys in the Shipster module in the admin of your website (same place you entered the test keys). You will need to replace the test API keys with the live API keys.
Please perform the live test with the email below (or any other email address from a Shipster Member):
You should get the same results as to when you performed the test. If that is the case, installation is successful and you are live and running with Shipster.
If required, Light Media can provide you with a proposal and cost estimate to assist with the installation of Shipster and any other required changes to your ecommerce website.
Call us on 1300 656 110
Level 27, Rialto South Tower 525 Collins Street Melbourne VIC, 3000 Australia
Benefit from 10 years of experience servicing businesses and government with web development and digital solutions.
Web Design Melbourne, Web Design Sydney, Web Development Melbourne,Web Development Sydney